+91 99104 10156
+91 99104 10156
Chettinad School of Occupational Therapy is a newly established school under Chettinad Academy of Education and Research (CARE), deemed to be University under section 3 of UGC act 1956 with a NAAC A++ accreditation. It is located in an environmentally-friendly green campus. The school has well-equipped laboratories, libraries with scores of resources both digital and non-digital. The campus has amenities such as hostels, cafeteria, gym, reading rooms and two auditoriums.
The Occupational therapy (OT) program at CARE equips students to empower people of all ages with physical, sensory, or cognitive problems to regain autonomy in all aspects of their lives – emotional, physical and social – using everyday therapies, activities and exercises; to provide healthcare to improve their performance and assists in their daily activities. This in turn boosts their self-esteem and inculcates a sense of accomplishment.
The Occupational Therapy Program trains students to:
- Develop and improve fine motor skills of limbs to grasp and release.
- Enhance hand-eye coordination for day to day life skills
- Gain control on basic life skills like bathing, dressing up, brushing teeth, and self-feeding.
- Obtain restoration of physical functions, to increase joint motion, muscle strength and coordination
- Learn to manage anger and frustration by positive behaviors reinforcement to nurture social skills.
- Train in usage of special equipment to help cultivate independence that includes wheelchairs, splints, dressing devices, bathing equipment, and communication aids.
- Supportive measures to help the patient to utilize constructively a prolonged period of hospitalization and convalescence
Scope of OT as a career:
- Multispecialty Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Foreign countries:
- Non Governmental Organization
- In Industry for rehabilitation of Injured worker
- Teaching to Under & Post Graduates
- Private Practice/Private clinics
- Geriatric homes/Old age Homes
- Mental Hospitals
- Centers for Physically and Mentally Handicapped Children
- Community health centre
- Occupational health centre.