Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE) was conferred the status of Deemed to be University u/s 3 of the UGC Act 1956 in the year 2008 and since then, it has been contributing significantly to the society as an Institute for higher learning and research in the field of Medicine, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing.
CARE has been approved by MCI, INC, TNNMC, AICTE, COA, BCI and PCI, accredited with grade ‘A’ by NAAC, conferred with 12B status by UGC, accorded SIRO status by DSIR, awarded Star by MHRD’s Innovation Cell, appreciation by AICTE for Clean & Smart Campus and stands 9th in the Country, in ranking by UI Green Metric.
In conformity with the motto of the University, “Capability, Character and Commitment”, the academic programmes offered are professional, job oriented and innovative. CARE offers 74 Academic programs in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences (AHS), Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Architecture, Commerce and Law. Most of the programmes offered are interdisciplinary and are as per the emerging needs. Currently CARE has about 2500+ students pursuing their UG, PG and PhD education. First-generation graduates from rural and semi-urban areas contribute to a significant proportion of our students. Equal opportunity is provided for students of all categories including socially and economically backward classes. Deserving students are offered up to 100% as scholarships. The anti-ragging committee ensures the campus environment student-friendly. Placement assistance is provided to students by counselling and placement cell.
CARE offers excellent teaching with the latest teaching aids and methods. The Intellectual Capital of CARE comprises of qualified, accomplished and committed teachers and a well-stocked Library with books, journals, E-resources and database that form the backbone of CARE. Faculty update their knowledge on contemporary teaching-learning techniques through faculty development programs, workshops and CMEs.
CARE has established State of art instrumentation facility for biomedical research and a CPCSEA approved animal house facility for translational research. To promote quality research, CARE offers JRF for full-time Ph.D. scholars, Post-doctoral fellowship and seed money for faculty research. Short research projects are incorporated into the undergraduate curriculum and medical undergraduates are encouraged to take up the ICMR Short term studentship. CARE has 1100 + research publications, has 35 patent publications. For promoting and facilitating our research and training capabilities, CARE has 50+ active MoUs with renowned academic institutions such as Linkoping University, Sweden, ReGenera Research Group for Aging Intervention & Milano Medical Health Aging Unit, Italy besides MOUs with industries.
CARE has started attracting extramural funding from Government agencies like DST, DST Indo-Italy, DST-ECR, DBT, CSIR, ICMR, RSSDI etc., for research projects in all emerging areas.
The university publishes Chettinad Health City Medical Journal, a quarterly, indexed and peer-reviewed scientific journal. CARE has a strong focus on E-Learning and has equipped students with laptops/ tablets and has Chettinad Learning Management System (LMS), a Networked Learning Environment (NLE), in which students can view instructional content, collaborate with educators, view their academic performance and access learning resources anytime from anywhere.
Commitment to society by CARE is well exemplified by the health promotion extension activities in the adopted villages. CARE also collaborates with the government and NGOs in all health initiatives in these villages.
Holistic development of students is ensured by participation in sports, games and cultural activities. To facilitate this, an indoor stadium, swimming pool, football and cricket grounds, tennis and basketball courts, 400m synthetic track and a gymnasium are available for the students. Student fest “Fusion Chettinad” is an annual event organized by students every year that has participation from all over Tamil Nadu. Another recent initiative of the students has been an internal e-Newsletter “CARE KONNECT” to keep the students abreast of all the campus activities. Two state-of-the-art auditoria with 1200 and 500 seating capacity, equipped with advanced acoustics are available in the campus. Our students have received several awards in inter-collegiate events. The university takes pride in its green campus. Use of renewable energy sources, water recycling, vehicle-free green zones and cycles for in-campus mobility make the campus eco-friendly.
The self-contained Wi-Fi enabled campus houses Hospital, academic and administrative blocks, a separate hostel for girls, boys and apartments and villas for staff and faculty. Campus security is ensured through turnstiles, CCTV cameras and access control at strategic locations. In addition to the above, Bank, ATMs, food courts, stationery shop, gymnasium and beauty parlour make life at CARE enjoyable. CARE with the unique advantage of interdisciplinary faculty, well-established infrastructure, state-of-the-art research facilities and innovative teaching, training and research programs is in the constant pursuit of its journey of achieving excellence in “Teaching and Research in Interdisciplinary and Emerging Areas in Medicine, Health Care, Law & Architecture”.
ADMISSIONS TO ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-21 FULL-TIME UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Prospective applicants / candidates are requested to visit the respective courses / schools at www.care.edu.in and download the prospectus and the application forms for the respective courses / schools which will detail the Eligibility, Fee Structure, Scholarships available, Academic Calendar and how to apply.
(Many courses such as medicine, Architecture & Law specify All India standardised tests such as NEET, NATA, CLAT etc. that are mandatory and students will be admitted basis the scores on the respective examinations)
CARE library is spread over 32,000 sq. ft., and is well-stacked with the latest editions of professional books (both Indian and International), magazines and journals. In tune with the times, a virtual library with internet access, Medlar search facilities, media resource services, computerized database access and E-access are also available for journals and e-books.
The central library is automated with in-house developed Library Management Software. An OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) has been created for easy search of books. Apart from Central Library each department has a separate departmental Library.
- Supporting and enhancing educational goals as outlined in CARE’s mission and curriculum.
- Be the knowledge hub of the school and disseminate knowledge as widely as possible.
- Provide a curriculum-based, flexibly scheduled, open access learning environment that accommodates all learners.
- Facilitate optimal use of knowledge by all staff and students.
- Encourage and foster reading habit among staff and students.
- Effectively participate in the teaching-learning programmes of the school.
In CARE, we promote a culture of inclusiveness that includes students with disabilities and special needs in all our programmes and activities. We believe that students with disabilities and special needs should be empowered with the appropriate levels of support for them to achieve and realise their fullest potential. With our extensive background in working with people with disabilities, we are able to relate to, and advocate on behalf of students for equal access and opportunities.
Students with disabilities and special needs can approach us for assistance to access services and support such as:
- Academic and Non-Academic Counselling
- Transition Support
- Advice on Assistive Technology Devices
- Access to Facilities
- Tests and Examination Support
- Career Counselling
- Special arrangements
Students may be required to undergo assessments to ascertain appropriate support services. These assessments may be conducted internally at CARE or externally by third-party service providers. In such cases, students may need to bear the costs for such assessments.
It is located in Kelambakkam, a suburb of Chennai. It is well connected by road and train facilities. Local bus facility is available from various parts of Chennai and nearby places of Tamilnadu.
What is the admission fee for B.Arch. Program?
Program fees will be like other undergraduate programs at CARE University. Please refer Brochure Link for Information regarding fees for UG Programs
Are hostels facilities provided for students enrolled in the B.Arch. course?
Yes. All programs at CARE University are non-residential. Regardless, limited hostel accommodation is available for new incoming students. This is available on first-come-first-served basis after an application to the Student Services Office.
Is canteen and hostel facility available?
Well furnished and spacious hostels separate for boys and girls are available
Does University Provide placement/career services?
CARE University’s Career Office offers hand holding support to all graduating students about possible career opportunities as well as facilitates on and off campus placement activities. The career office also organizes regular workshops and programs to enhance the graduate employability and to expand career horizons.
What documents are needed for admission procedure?
- Filled in application form
- Mark sheet of HSC/plus two or its equivalent
- Conduct certificate from the institution last studied
- Transfer certificate from the institution last studied
- Proof of date of birth(10th mark sheet)
- Community certificate
- Migration certificate (CBSE/ICSE/other board/State/Open schooling)
- Certificate of extracurricular activities if any
- Passport size photograph taken in last 3 months
What is the industry exposure to students?
CARE has a Industry Institute Interaction cell, which is the need of the hour to bridge the interaction between our institute and pharmaceutical industries. Students will be updated with the latest advancements in pharmaceutical industries. Regular visits and short term projects and trainings will be arranged as and when required.
What efforts are taken by the Institute for personality development of the students?
In addition to their regular curriculum, students will also be trained on soft skills, communication skills and on personality development by the experts from various streams.
What are the highlights of this Institute?
- Sophisticated and dynamic research tools support students for new discoveries and bring innovations in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
- Thorough training will provide students with a visionary perspective on the drug discovery and development process.
- Study at Chettinad provides training on translational research that bridges basic sciences and clinical research to address the therapeutic needs of the human lives.
- Students will learn the course work in biopharmaceutics, drug transport, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics and drug delivery systems.
- Students will be trained with exciting opportunities in the professional field to become leaders in academic, government and private industry.
Reason to join this institute.
- Fee concession for deserving candidate
- State of the art infrastructure
- Well equipped and spacious laboratories
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty
- Learning made interesting through Learning Management System
- Enriched Library Facility
- Opportunities to attend seminars, workshops and conferences
- Opportunity to conduct cross functional research in collaboration with other departments.
- Periodic visits and internship opportunities in Pharmaceutical Industries
- Updation of knowledge through continuous education programme
- Enrichment of soft skills that enable to navigate your work environment
- Regular participation in co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- Value added programmes to stay abreast of the latest industry standards
- Separate hostel facility for boys and girls
- GPAT coaching during the 3rd and 4th year of their study.
- Conduct of MOCK interviews
- Regular Parent Teachers meeting
- Training in hospital and Clinical Research Organisations (CRO)
- Visiting faculty from Industries and CROs
- Counselling facility available for boys and girls
- Ragging free and Eco friendly campus
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Excellent Infrastructural facilities like Escalator and lift, food court, sports facilities, ATM and General stores etc
What is the procedure to avail loan facility?
CARE provides all necessary help to avail education loan scheme.
Is there any health care facility for students?
The campus has 24 hours emergency and ambulance service. The college is located in close proximity with our own multi-speciality hospital.
How can I assure about student’s safety / security?
The students are not allowed to enter the campus without ID card, there is only one gate entry. The campus is under CCTV surveillance.
What other facilities does the campus have?
- Swimming Pool
- Weekly screening of movies
- Bank Branch
- Food Court
- Hygienic food,
- Play area
- On call medical help
- 24×7 security
What is Bachelor of Architecture Course?
The Bachelor of Architecture program is structured to allow students to understand human habitation by exposure to different contexts. Architects deal with projects which are not only large but are very complex in nature. The process of designing a space is a very scientific, logical and creative. An Architect requires an attitude of inquiry and understanding of aspects of sociology, cultural anthropology and human behaviour. A well-designed space can have a positive impact not only an individual or a group, but also on the society at large. This outcome is possible only through a professional course such as the one offered in Chettinad School of Architecture.
Why Study in a 5 years Programme?
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is a professional programme approved and governed by The Council of Architecture, New Delhi in India. Architectural Design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied to achieve a built environment. These solutions are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants and are aesthetically attractive. The Architectural Design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research, analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process, whereby the needs and resources of the client are satisfied to produce an interior space that fulfils the project goals. Architectural Design not only deals with residences, but it also deals with Retail spaces, Corporate and Private Offices, Malls, Banks, Theatres, Restaurants, Airports, Government Institutions, Hospitals, Museums, Exhibitions, and many other types of spaces. Therefore, the Council of Architecture has mandated a 5 year programme.
What is the intake per Academic Year?
B.Arch – 40 Students
Can this be done part-time or by distance learning?
No, cannot be done as part time as per the Council of Architecture Norms.
What do Architects do in their Profession?
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- Formulation of schemes and plans with the help of two and three-dimensional design concepts that integrate the client’s program needs that are based on knowledge of the principles of architectural design and theories of human behaviour.
- Selection and specification of materials, furniture, fixtures, and equipment including layout drawings and detailed area description; and provision of contract documentation to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of structures.
- Preparation of construction documents, consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, power and communications locations; reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs; materials and finishes; and furniture layouts.
- Coordination and collaboration with other allied design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including interior designers; structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, Plumbing consultants, acoustic and sound engineers, lighting designers, product designers, furniture manufacturers, and various other specialty consultants.
- Observation and reporting on the implementation of projects while in progress and upon completion, as a representative of and on behalf of the client; and conducting post-occupancy evaluation reports.
What are the career prospects after graduation?
- Can work in the sectors of construction, urban planning, urban development corporations, public works departments, interior designing, etc.
- Opportunities exist in architect firms, universities, consultancy companies, etc.
- Global opportunities unfold, especially in the USA, Australia and Middle East provides attractive career and jobs for architecture graduates.
- Can be an independent consultant
- Government Organizations offers jobs to the B.Arch. graduates in Archaeological Department, National Building Organization, Ministry of Defence, Departments of Railways, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, Public Works Department, etc.
- Go for the higher studies. Can pursue Master degree or further studies in architecture field.
- Teach in Academic Institutions.
Possible Job Profiles
- Architectural Designer
- Architectural Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Architectural Design Coordinator
- Staff Consultant
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant Manager
- Design Manager
- Project Manager
- Sales/Business development Manager
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Historian/Journalist
- Art Director
- Landscape Architect
What Degree will be awarded to students after successful completion of the program?
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
What is the accreditation status of B.Arch. Degree?
This is approved by The Council of Architecture (C.o.A.) New Delhi, India. Additionally, Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (C.A.R.E.) is a University recognized by (UGC) University Grants Commission under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
Which courses are offered by Chettinad School of Pharmaceutical Sciences at CARE?
B.Pharm and D.Pharm.
What is the intake in these programmes per academic year?
60 students per programme per year
What is the admission procedure?
Allotment of seats is based on the merit score obtained in the qualifying examination.
What are the minimum eligibility criteria for admission?
A pass in Higher Secondary Examination (HSC) or an equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry along with Biology or Botany or Zoology or Mathematics.
Is there a cut off for admission?
Cut off marks for admission will be decided based on that of the application pool.
What are the accreditations of the Institution?
The B.Pharm and D.Pharm courses are approved and recognised by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. CARE University is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade.
Can B.Pharm / D.Pharm Course be done as a part time or in distance learning?
No, B.Pharm is 4 years full time course and D.Pharm is full time 2 years course as prescribed by PCI. Minimum attendance is mandatory to qualify for the final examination.
What is the scope and placement of Pharmacy courses?
India’s pharmaceutical industry has grown by leaps and bounds in the last three decades. Pharmacy education in the country is now reckoned as most crucial for country’s health and as prestigious as any other professional courses can claim for.
B.Pharm: Career Prospects:
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Analytical Chemist
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Regulatory Manager
- Production Manager
- Entrepreneur – Students can register with State Pharmacy Council and open their own pharmacy to stock and sell medicines.
- Higher Education in India– PG Programme (M.Pharm with different specializations like Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, QA & QC, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharmacy Practice etc) or MBA in Pharmaceutical Marketing and Hospital Management.
- Higher Education abroad – MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Drug Safety Associate in Pharmacovigilance Units.
- Research & Development sector of Pharmaceutical Companies – Research Officer / Scientist
- As Pharmacists in Government and Private hospitals
- As Pharmacists in Drug stores
- As Pharmacists in Community Health Centres
- As Technical supervisors in various divisions of Pharmaceutical companies – Production, Quality control and Marketing.
- As Medical representatives
- As Medical Transcriptionists
- As Chemists in Private firms
- Entrepreneur – Students can register with State Pharmacy Council and open their own pharmacy to stock and sell medicines.
- Higher Education – Admission to B.Pharm (Directly to second year as Lateral Entry).
Is there any Dress Code for these courses?
Yes, Students are required to wear prescribed Dress code during their course work of study. They should also wear an apron during their practical classes.
Does the department provide individual Mentoring?
Yes – as deemed necessary
When can you apply to the physical therapy program at CARE?
Please visit our website (click here)
How can I apply to the physical therapy program?
Please visit our website (click here)
Is there a part-time program for physical therapy?
No, there is no part-time program offered. This is a very strenuous curriculum that is covered over four calendar years. Time is needed for group projects, lab review, and clinical practice.
What are program costs?
Please visit our website (click here)
What is the eligibility?
For joining BPT Course, a score of 50 % in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2 Level.
What subjects should I have completed in 10+ 2 for BPT?
For BPT course you should have completed Physics, chemistry and Biology.
Is English language mandatory and would it count for aggregate marks?
English is mandatory. However you should have passed in the subject. The marks of English would not be considered for application.
What is the total duration of the course?
BPT – 4 and ½ Years. The first 4 years will incorporate academic and clinical training.The final 6 months involves a compulsory rotatory clinical training in Multispeciality hospitals.
How much fees I need to pay?
Please visit our website.
Can I apply online?
Can I book seats online?
What academic degree is needed to become a physical therapist?
What qualities are needed to be a good physical therapist?
As with most health professions, a practitioner should be intelligent and have an ethic of caring. Communication and interpersonal skills are vital. These traits are needed to deal both with the patient and the patient’s family. Manual dexterity and physical stamina are important as is a commitment to life-long learning.
Where do physical therapists practice and what is the employment outlook?
Physical therapists work in a variety of settings including but not limited to hospitals, private clinics, rehab facilities, home health agencies, nursing homes, schools, sports clinics, fitness centers and industry. A substantial number of physical therapists are in private practice. Some teach, conduct research, or serve as consultants. Indications are that the need for physical therapists will remain high as the population both grow and ages and as physical therapists become more involved in the areas of health and wellness promotion. Physical therapy continues to offer great opportunities.
I have not studied science stream in my higher secondary education. Am I eligible to apply?
No. Maths, Physics and Chemistry are compulsory subjects for application to this Course.
I am doing 11th standard now. Can I apply for this course now?
No. Students must clear the higher secondary board exams before applying.
What is the minimum score required in 10+2 examination to be eligible for this Course?
Candidate shall be admitted to architecture course only if she/ he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or Candidates who have passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate can apply for this course.
Is there any entrance / qualifying exam that is to be taken other than 10+2 examination to apply for this course?
Yes. All Candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi and Chettinad Entrance Aptitude Test (CEAT) conducted by Chettinad Academy of Research and Education and obtaining qualifying scores from both of them.
I have not attended NATA Examination. Will I be granted admission?
No. NATA Score is mandatory for admission into this course.
Where will CEAT Exams be conducted?
CEAT Examination will be conducted at CARE University premises at Chennai.
What should I bring for in-person CEAT admission test?
You are required to bring the admit cards issued to you by the University and other drawing tools such as pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, etc.
Will there be test centres in various locations across India?
As of now the location of test is available only at CARE University campus at Chennai
Are there scholarships of assistantships available?
Yes. Please refer Prospectus of each school to apply
What is the amount of scholarship that is available for the admission to B.Arch. course?
Chettinad School of Design is committed to providing as many talented students as possible the opportunity to study at its School. The following table aims to provide you with a summary of the fees and the financial assistance available to prospective students.
|Marks Scored in 12th std||Scholarship Provided|
|91% to 100%||100% of Tuition Fees –Full Scholarship for Top 5 Students|
|76% to 90%||75 % of Tuition Fees|
|61% to 75%||50 % of Tuition Fees|
|51% to 60%||25 % of Tuition Fees|
© 2023 Chettinad Academy