- Supporting and enhancing educational goals as outlined in CARE’s mission and curriculum.
- Be the knowledge hub of the school and disseminate knowledge as widely as possible.
- Provide a curriculum-based, flexibly scheduled, open access learning environment that accommodates all learners.
- Facilitate optimal use of knowledge by all staff and students.
- Encourage and foster reading habit among staff and students.
- Effectively participate in the teaching-learning programmes of the school.
- To provide intellectual access to information through learning activities that are integrated into the curriculum and that help all students achieve information literacy by developing effective cognitive strategies for selecting, retrieving, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing, creating, and communicating information in all formats and in all content areas of the curriculum.
- For the effective implementation of the above objectives the following guideline have been introduced.
- The time table reflects the mandatory weekly hour dedicated to the library by every department.
- The Student attendance will be monitored for the library hours by biometric punching and the faculty accompanying them.
- The faculty accompanying the students will be on rotation on weekly basis.
- The Students have to submit a detailed report of that library hour which will include the task given by the faculty, book issued and review of the same.
- Library has to be treated as the part of the internal assesment and the weekly report submitted will be treated as the component on which student will be marked on by the faculties (accompanying them) in the different subjects.
This Policy can be revised from time to time to strengthen it with adequate changes to accomodate new resources and services and to cope with the ever expanding needs and expectations of the users.
|All working days||8.00 am to 10.00 pm|
|Sunday||9.00 am to 4.00 pm|
|Public and Institution declared holidays||Closed|
- All the faculty & students shall access library only through the first floor library entrance available inside the college between 8.30am to 4.00pm on all working days.
- The currently available library entrance in the ground floor can be accessed
|All working days||4.00 pm to 10.00 pm|
|Sunday||9.00 am to 4.00 pm|
- Circulation Help Desk.
- Journals & Periodicals Reading Section.
- Reference Section.
- Seperate Reading hall for Students & faculties.
- Newspaper and Magziners reading hall.
- Stack Area.
- Binding Section.
- Xerox Room.
- Library Staff Room, Librarian Room.
- Back Volume Section and OPAC.
- Vitual Library.
- Video & Cassatte Room.
- Stack Area
- Separate Reading Hall for Students and faculties.
- Circulation Help Desk,
- Language Lab (Communication Lab).
- Computer Lab.
- Reading Hall
- All the Faculty members and students should wear ID Card without fail. All Library transaction require ID card and it is non-transfarable.
- All the faculty members and students are requested to mark biometric attendance as well as to enter name and sign in the register placed at the entrance both during entry and exit.
- All the faculty members and students should follow University prescribed dress code while visiting the library.
- Bags, handbags and other personal belongings including mobile phones/ audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone will not be allowed inside the library and should be kept in the racks at the library entrance. Library is not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Laptop alone can be used in the specific area provided in the library. Users have to register their name, accessories, time-in and time-out in the register kept in the counter. They have to take care of their lap-top and accessories. Library staffs are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- All the faculty members & students should maintain silence and no discussion will be permitted inside the library.
- All the faculty members & students are requested to handle all the library books/materials with care. Damaging the books, writing, scribbling, marking, cutting the pages etc., are strictly prohibited.
- All the faculty & students are requested to take the initiative of notifying the librarian regarding defects found in books and bound volumes.
- All the faculty members and students are requested to leave the books on the reading table while leaving the library.
- All the faculty members & students are requested to show the books or other materials taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter without fail.
- New arrival journals/books shall be intimated to all students and faculty members through group mail/SMS.
- All the faculty members & students are requested to avoid taking several books and journal at once.
- No Refreshments shall be allowed inside the library premises.
- Keep the library neat and clean. Through the waste in the dustbins placed in the library.
- Virtual Library should be used for LMS and educational purpose only.
- Online journals/ e-books/ CDs/DVDs etc., can be accessed in the virtual library. However, No member is permitted to download /transmit the whole document.
- Photocopying section: Only selected pages from the books and articles from Journals are allowed for photocopying.
- Photocopying of full books or Journals is not permitted.
- Photocopying services are available between: 09.00 am and 06.00 pm.
- Photocopying charges: Rs.1/- per page
- Circulation: The card holders should come personally to borrow the books, and authorization is not allowed. The borrower should verify the book condition before leaving the counter. The borrower is responsible for the book borrowed. Books will be issued subject to availability only. Reference books, magazines, newspapers will not be allowed for borrowing.
- Borrowing Limit: Five Books are issued for fifteen days and may be renewed for further period of two weeks. Books should be physically presented at the counter for renewal. Absence from university shall not be accepted for delay in returning the books. No reminders will be issued to members, but the list of defaulters will be displayed in the university notice board.
- Transaction Hours: Book issue transaction on cards will be made between 8.30 am and 10 pm on all working days of the library. No transaction will be made on Sundays and other declared holidays.
- Damages to Books: For damage to the books Including scribbling, spots, tea stain on books, etc., fine will be collected at the time of return of the books. Serious damage affecting reading – requires replacement of the concerned books or compensation as per library rules. Besides the above compensation, the perpetrator should pay the processing fees of Rs. 100/- per book.
- Loss of Books: Loss of borrowed books should be reported to the librarian immediately. The concerned student should replace the same, besides paying the fine.
- Indian Books: The original price at the time of loss including processing fee of Rs. 100/-
- Foreign Books: The original price at the time of loss including processing fee of Rs. 100/-
- Books in whole set: once one of the volume of a set is lost, borrower should replace the whole set including processing fee of Rs. 200/-
- Overdue Charges: Rs. 5 per day / per book.
- Librarian has the right to call back any book issued to anyone at any time and the same has to be returned without fail. The librarian shall have the power to refuse to issue any book to anyone infringing the rules.
- Please note that violation of the library rules may lead to the withdrawal of the privilege of using the library facilities.
- The Library accepts donation of books and manuscripts from alumni, donors, parents and guests. Donations once accepted will become the library property.